Great Neck Public Schools
- Saddle Rock School
- NYS Reading/Literacy Certification Required
- The Literacy Coordinator serves as literacy coach and staff developer for grades K-5, and coordinates the school-wide literacy program, as well as the reading department, including all remedial reading services. The ideal candidate must possess a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of literacy development and the teaching and learning process. He/she should possess:
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience and/or training as a literacy coach
* Experience as an elementary classroom or reading teacher
* Expertise in parent education
* Knowledge of the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project model
* Strong organizational and presentation skills
* Ability to analyze and utilize school-wide data.
- Hourly Position
- NYS Elementary Education Certification Required
Reading Recovery Teacher
- Hourly Position
- NYS Elementary Education Certification or NYS Reading/Literacy Certification Required
Part-Time School Monitor - Elementary School (4)
- 2014-15 School Year Leave Replacement
2.33 Hours Per Day, Monday - Friday, 10:55 a.m. - 1:15 p.m., or 11:50 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. (3)
- 2.58 Hours Per Day, Monday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. - 2:05 p.m. (1)
- Supervise students in the cafeteria and during indoor/outdoor recess
Teaching Assistant - Elementary School
- 2014-15 School Year - Part-Time
4 Hours Per Day, Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Small group instructional support and library media support.
- Strong Computer Skills Required
- NYS Teacher or Teaching Assistant Certification and Minimum 60 College Credits Required
apply for a job vacancy, please log into OLAS.
learn more about OLAS, please click here.
Opportunity Employer M/F