Medical Requirements for
High School Students:
- A physical examination for all athletes must be completed within one year prior to the start of the sport season, including the Health History signed by parent/guardian. Must use schools "A" form.
- The "B" form must be completed and signed at the start
of EACH sport season.
- IT IS REQUIRED THAT ALL INCOMING 10TH GRADERS HAVE A PHYSICAL. Use "A" forms and submit at the start of the school year.
- In order for a student to have a gym exemption, a note from his/her doctor is require which should include the dates of the exemption. A follow up note will then be required to return to gym.
- All students MUST have an updated
EMERGENCY CARD in the Health Office. When information changes
please notify the nurse.
- As per New York State Regulations, mandated screenings of scoliosis, vision and hearning will done by the nurse at the appropriate time. Parents/ guardians will be notified in writing of any deficits or concerns that are noted during screenings.
All students are required to have the
- 1 Varicella (chicken pox) H.S. students born on or after 1994
- 3 of each - DPT, POLIO, Hepatitis B
- 2 Measles AFTER the age of one year
- 1 Mumps & Rubella – these may be given as
- 1Tdap ALL STUDENTS ENTERING 9TH GRADE FOR THE 2010-2011 school year
The following is required for the administration of medications:
- a note from students MD with the name of the medication and instructions on usage
- permission is required by parent to administer the medication (these forms can be obtained in the nurses office)
- medication given to the nurse
- the students commitment to obtain the medication
from the nurse
NEW ENTRANTS MUST HAVE STARTED THE IMMUNIZATION PROCESS WITH PROOF OF AN
APPOINTMENT TO CONTINUE THE IMMUNIZATION SERIES. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE
GIVEN TO THE NURSE.