Great Neck is
"Today's budget challenges require us to think differently about our day-to-day procedures and to look for ways to streamline services, improve communications, be more environmentally friendly, and reduce costs." -- Dr. Thomas P. Dolan, Superintendent of Schools
Click here to read the Great Neck is Going Green Press Release by Marc Epstein, District Technology Director.
Click here to view the results of the 2012 UPTC Technology Committee Go Green Parent Survey.
Great Neck is Going Green! In our ongoing effort to improve communications, become more environmentally friendly, and save taxpayer dollars, the Great Neck Public Schools is undertaking a district-wide, "Going Green" initiative. We expect that printed mailings, forms, and backpack notices from the central office, from schools, and from classrooms, will be reduced significantly as we leverage the GNPS Web site and our two Web-based parent communication systems, the Campus Parent Portal and ParentLink Notification System, to communicate electronically with households in our community. None of these systems are new. The GNPS Web site has been a source of community information since 1998, the Campus Parent Portal has been available online since 2007, and we have been using ParentLink since 2008. What is new is that we will be relying on these systems more exclusively, rather than redundantly, for our communications. For this electronic communication transition to be successful, parents need to keep their contact information, particularly their e-mail address, up to date, and need to make sure they have established accounts in our online portals and know their user names and passwords to access the systems.
Campus Parent Portal: https://ic.greatneck.k12.ny.us/campus/portal/greatneck.jsp
The Campus Parent Portal is a secure Web site where parents can get attendance information, schedules, progress reports, report cards, state assessment results, and immunization records for their children. The information in the Campus Parent Portal is updated in real time, is easy to use, and utilizes a brand new interface that was introduced for the 2011/2012 school year. Here are the new directions or you can log in to see it.
During the 2010/2011 school year, the Great Neck Public Schools transitioned from paper progress reports and report cards to electronic ones. Parents no longer receive printed progress reports and report cards in the mail. Instead, these documents are available ONLY online, via the Campus Parent Portal.
- To log into the Campus Parent Portal, click here.
- For directions in English, click here. For directions in Spanish, click here.
- For directions in Chinese, click here. For directions in Korean, click here.
- For directions on how to update your security settings, which changed for the 2013/2014 school year, click here.
- For more information, visit our Campus Parent Portal Home Page by clicking here.
- If you forgot your password, visit our Campus Parent Portal Password Recovery Tool by clicking here.
- If you have a technical problem that can't be resolved by our online information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ParentLink Notification System: https://greatneck.parentlink.net
The ParentLink Notification System is an essential tool in implementing our "going green" initiative. We have been using the system for several years to alert staff and parents by various means in the event of an emergency, delayed opening, early dismissal, or school cancellation. ParentLink replaced the old telephone snow chains and allows us to reach thousands of staff and parents with a phone call, e-mail, or text message in just a few minutes time. During the 2010/2011 school year, we are expanding our use of ParentLink to automate attendance calls when children are absent, which began last year in several of our schools. New this year is the use of ParentLink e-mail by individual schools to keep parents abreast of routine but important school information that previously would have been printed and backpacked or mailed home. Parents can log into ParentLink to view previous messages from the school district and update their contact information, including work phone, cell phone, e-mail address, text message address, or add an unlimited number of additional contacts.
- To log into the ParentLink Notification System, click here.
- For directions on how to log in, visit our ParentLink Notification System Directions Page by clicking here.
- For more information, visit our ParentLink Notification System Home Page by clicking here.
- If you forgot your password, visit our ParentLink Notification System Password Recovery Tool by clicking here.
- If you use AOL and are not getting our e-mails, you may need to adjust your spam settings using this AOL Help Page for Mail and Spam Controls.
- If you have a technical problem that can't be resolved by our online information, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
GNPS Web Site: http://greatneck.k12.ny.us
The GNPS Web site, and our individual school Web sites contained within it, provide a plethora of information about our district and its educational program and services. During the 2010/2011 school year, we are redesigning and expanding our use of the individual school Web sites to include areas devoted to posting documents that can be accessed electronically that previously would have been printed and either backpacked or mailed home. The individual school Web sites are listed below:
- To visit the E.M. Baker School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the John F. Kennedy School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the Lakeville School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the Parkville School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the Saddle Rock School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the North Middle School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the South Middle School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the North High School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the South High School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the Village School Home Page, click here.
- To visit the SEAL Academy Home Page, click here.